Monday, July 05, 2004

Change inevitable

There has been a change. Not only with matters as trivial as this blog template, but there has also been much of rethink over issues of greater import. I have made a bold decision after much of reluctance and it's all for good. Thanks to him, for showing a clearer picture. So much of his effort has gone into enabling this shift. With a great deal of work ahead, I need your support along the way.. and I know I shall have it always.

I wonder how words can manifest so efficiently to reflect what was intended to be conveyed.. in the writings of Ayn Rand.. Read this passage from Atlas Shrugged:

She stopped; this time, she did not gasp; the sight confronting her could not be greeted by anything except a moment of inner stillness: on the wall, behind a row of machinery, she saw a picture cut out of a newspaper - a picture of her, in slacks and shirt, standing by the side of the engine at the opening of John Galt line, her head lifted, her smile holding the context, the meaning and the sunshine of that day.

A moan was her only answer, as she turned to him, but the look on his face matched hers in picture.

"I was the symbol of what you wanted to destroy in the world", he said. "But you were my symbol of what I wanted to achieve", he pointed at the picture. "This is how men expect to feel about their life once or twice, as an exception, in the course of their lifetime. But I - this is what I chose as constant and normal"

No wonder the book is rated as the second most influential book, next only to the Bible!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home