Monday, June 28, 2004

A Clue that was given..

I don't remember things well, but I rather think it was Aristotle or one of those other intellects who said: ' Life gives you clues: Rest depends upon how well you use them'. Well, the point I am driving at is that, the man is correct. Absolutely!

It was like this.. I reside 4 kms away to the East from my office. I usually take a road that runs south for a few furlongs before it meets Arcot road, on which further down was my Workplace ultimately. I turn right at the signal in the X junction and ride westwards to the office. Rarely, I take the other road from my home, which leads me to the main road. There's the petrol bunk near the intersection. Then I'll have to travel towards east and take a u-turn to take the west bound road. (I bet you scored well in your Geography papers at school if you could understand what I've just said!)

Yesterday, I was going to the office and incidentally took the second road.. I cursed my absence of mind and went ahead the circuitous route. I wouldn't have passed over a kilometer from the traffic signal I mentioned, that my bike started losing speed with mild jolts and rumbles.. What's wrong? I peeped into the speedometer. After some instant calculation I figured out I had driven more than 200kms for the four litres of petrol I had filled three days ago. Hmm. That also indirectly meant that now the tank is dry! What shall I do? Well, din't have any other go. I pushed my bike back towards the gas station.. Why did I take the second road? This is more than just a coincidence so to say..


Note: I typed this last week but couldn't afford time to post it. I suppose that was just too bad a crap to be called as a post.. Anyway I AM SO CRAPPY nowadays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home