Monday, May 31, 2004

Back to blog!

Well, I had a fine weekend with many happenings.. Had been to Vijaywada on Saturday to attend Dutt sister's marriage. The actual venue was at Eluru, an hour's drive from Vijaywada. It was Tarr and me from here and Bhargava and Madhu joined us later in Eluru. The marriage went on well and we caught up some nice pals to hang around. Goes without saying, still, the food was great! Typical Andhra meals inclusive of ripe mangoes and hot chilli fries.. My round belly just wasn't sufficient to accommodate the square meal. The pre-lunch talk we had regarding girls, love and marriage was an enlightening one I would say! We drove back to Vjwada later, after the function was over. The plan was to first visit Kanaka Durga temple situated on the hill along the banks of river Krishna. We took a Devasthanam bus to climb up the hill (well, it wasn't as high as we thought to be.. Just a couple of kilometers from the ground along the winding road would take us to the doors of the temple.) It was an exotic sight, as we climbed up, to watch the vast stretches of the river (actually the dry river bed I must say!) and the majestic Barrage built across its course. We decided that we would recourse to walking when we climb down. We had a good darshan of the Goddess, clad in golden jewels and cast yellow with turmeric paste. It was a divine feast! The evening was pleasant when we entered the temple; while we came out it was raining heavily, so we dropped the plan of pleasure walk and took an auto. Second part of the plan, we headed straight to a movie theater. Watching a movie in a language that I don't understand is something I haven't tried yet. I know Tamil, English and Hindi, but not more than a single word in Telugu. Anyway decided to try out after Bhargav and Madhu promised to act as translators.. After hunting a few theaters, we settled for Malleswari, starring Venkatesh opposite Katrina Kaif. Katrina kept us enthralled with the her beauty and smile that we barely winked during the show. After the movie, it was time for Bhargav and Madhu to depart by Howrah Mail. (which incidentally was later changed to Sarkar Express.. Confused? Bet you are! I would very much like to dedicate a post titled 'From Appa Rao to Howrah Mail' if Bhargav gives me his Okay, anyway thats a different story!) Tarr and self had dinner at the Comesum and boarded the train at 12:30 am. Reached Chennai safe on Sunday at 7:30. Cleaned up my room. Started to prepare lunch so that I can boast about my culinary skills when my parents come..( I did receive pats on my back from mom, for the Baindi Curry I made!) Went to Aruna's marriage reception that evening and mom and dad left soon after that. Came home tired and slept. It was Vijayanand bro's marriage on Monday morning that was on schedule. On the whole this weekend I was blessed with lots of food and joyous moments! And now back to office.. that's an irony! Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home