Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Rendered Speechless!

The chain of events that happened couple of days ago..
- Chose to drive despite cloudy weather
- Came to office fully drenched
- Tried to blot off using tissue papers
- Still wet, sat in my cabin shivering
- Started to sneeze from very next hour
- Cold, headache and drowsiness: everything followed then.

To add to all that, it's my voice.... I have been talking in scores of tones since yesterday and it's still worse now. My voice box has gone on strike and all I get out when I try to speak is just air! Should I try to raise my voice, cacophony like that of a violin screeching at the hands of a novice learner fills the ears. So I have taken to silence today and only whisper if situation demands. Should I tell you about the mystical look one of the PM carried when he saw me talking (read whispering) to my friend, glancing at him? I felt embarrassed a bit. Looked like I was telling her something evil about him. Murphy's law still holds indisputable I would say!


Waiting for return to normalcy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home