Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Music Divine

Dheem Tha Deem Tha Dhirana dara
Dheem Tha Deem Tha Dhiranaaaa dara

Rain drops in dance,
a Strange kind of romance
I don't know whether to cry out aloud
But am feeling fine
Watch the rhythm of the rainfall in dance

Was listening to Indian Rain from Colonial Cousins today morning and the song just mesmerized me.. Have heard it sometime before, but listened to it just today! (Did you get that funda? Ye! )

If there was something that would grant me the wish of changing a congenital factor in me, then I would definitely beg for a better voice box. You know? I am crazy about singing (much to the annoyance of others, but can't help it!) Also, I love watching live performances over hearing songs behind the movie scenes. During college days, I used to draft the lyrics of my favorite songs and ask Subha, the 'media player' of ECE, to sing them out for me. She's gifted with very melodious voice. On the star side, I admire Hariharan, Udit Narayan, Bombay Jayashri and Sadhna Sargam. On the classicals, M.S.Subbulakshmi's chants spellbind me. I could blabber all day about my love for music and the tracks I listen to, but I'll spare you on that!

Did I tell you about the calling bell at home that fell silent? Thanks to roomies Ganesh and Senthil.
It was on this Sunday night. Ganesh and Sen returned home at midnight after watching a 'dooper' movie.Magesh, Sai and myself were so engrossed in our dreams that our outer senses were tightly shut and we didn't hear these guys banging the calling bell. Usual trick of missed calls didn't work out too. (Magesh and me had 47 and 24 missed calls each!). Failed in every attempt, the boys woke up the watchman, got the terrace key and slept under the sky. As a protest to the treatment meted out to it, the calling bell ceased to work from that night! No one would even talk of going to late night movies until normalcy is back. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home