Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Shaadi

Atlast it's here! The talks about my marriage have started to surface at home. My parents feel that this is the apt age (I'll be turning 24 in exaclty a month's time!) for a boy to be married off. Their stand is a bit different from the 'No marriage until you...' kind of thing that I hear around me. But somehow I felt very odd to face this particular situation, when they ask me of what plans I have for my marriage. In fact they had a proposal at hand and asked me if it was ok. I said - not yet! I was surprised to some extent that my parents have the feeling of me having settled down to an extent that I am ready for marriage. But still, when do I get the feeling of being ready for marriage?? I do not know. And I may not have the feeling of having settled (from you career point of view, to be specific) even in my 30.

Nevertheless,I do not feel I am ready to tie the nuptial knots yet, so I have asked my parents to wait for atleast two years from now or until I tell them. Meanwhile I must also investigate if my brother is conspiring in this matter- to have 'his route cleared'. Looks like there must be a strong possibility of that here!

5 Comments:

At 10/04/2005 04:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol ...gimme company yaar after all what r frens for? btw find out abt the girl apparum feel panna kodathu paaru "che miss pannitom da nu"...so if u like the girl tell her and ask her to wait for 2 yrs then marry her...two yrs of Love Life wah! Nil love is in the air....may b u can try the salaam namaste style-a living relationship n sing 'My Dil goes Hmmm....'
Sujatha | 09.13.05 - 7:31 pm |

 
At 10/04/2005 04:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm...marriage for my roomie...
Nilava I'm not going to let it happen...
Magesh | 09.14.05 - 2:42 am |

 
At 10/04/2005 04:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember Marriage and buying a cellphone are much the same..."Thoda intezaar karta to achcha model saste mein milta..."

But remember in our kind of life it is not possible to feel settled even when we are 50...So my advice is go ahead and marry already!

I am supporting your brother who wants to remove the 'raste ka kaanta'...
kayeos | 09.14.05 - 10:11 am |

 
At 10/04/2005 04:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dei,
Peria peria thala inga irukkum pothu, cinna pasangalukku ellam kalyanuma. Ithan than kali kalama..

Your,
Vijay.
Anonymous | 09.15.05 - 3:21 pm | #

dei ,,, NOW tell me if i wasnt right about the mermaid hunt ?
RamV | Homepage | 09.20.05 - 9:56 am | #

nil, shaadi ka laddu jo khaya pachtaya, jo naa khaya, vo bhi pachtaya!!!
So, go ahead n eat it...so that all of us can know what to expect!!!
di | 09.20.05 - 8:39 pm | #

Di...enna ingayum Cut-Copy-Paste...hmm...bad...
Sujatha | 09.20.05 - 8:57 pm | #

what to do suj? dekh yaar apni to shaadi hone ko bahut time hai, we might as well attend nils naa.!!
its ok nil, just go ahead....settling n all u can do after marriage too...shud we put across a word to aunty in any case???!!!!
di | 09.21.05 - 1:48 pm | #

Oye apni kya bol rahi hey...teri bol..i mean khud ki bol....meri ho jayegi..honi chahiye.... pray with me that bhagwan suja ko ek acha sa pati dila dey jaldi... apun se wait nahi hota...hehe...
Sujatha | 09.21.05 - 3:46 pm | #

This comment board is becoming a matrimony portal eh??
Nilavan | 09.21.05 - 9:41 pm | #

yeah nil, what to do when sum1 doesn't call up or mail, I guess ur blog is the onyl way I get to 'talk' to you!!!!
di | 09.22.05 - 8:29 pm | #

Gravatar dei nilava...

somedays back in our daily discussion group, we had a chat regarding who 'll get married first...we never thought that it might be you da....i shall enquire abt your brothers feet in this..here in mumbai....

and guys...expect soon a blog from me...its in its infancy stage yet...but will release soon with a bang..

bye for now,
Maggy
Magesh G | 09.24.05 - 1:35 pm | #

 
At 1/21/2006 12:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-))

Ananth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home