Thursday, December 09, 2004

Nil and Void

Well, I remembered my blog after a period of selective amnesia. Not exactly - but you know, people often become affected by a kind of not-doing-those-that-need-to-done syndrome and I was struck by one. Such stupid reasons apart, I really couldn't think of something worthy to post. Now, it is not that I scale my every post of its worthiness. Else, most of the crap that linger here wouldn't have appeared at all!

This weekend I saw Gods must be crazy. The movie made me laugh my heart out. If only my life was as uncomplicated as the african hunter!!

My annual apprisal was over and Voila! I recieved my full Performance bonus! That says I am a worthy employee of the company!! Atleast they think so..

Hey, do you know about the New Seven Wonders of the World? This time they are to be chosen by the people. And you must of heard of Ash campaigning for Taj.

Couple of days ago I recieved a mail informing about this site. At that time, Taj was trailing at the seventh position. Have a look at the statistics now:

Top 7 of the Week

Taj Mahal, India: 99.28%
Meenakshi Temple, Madurai: 0.25%
Wall of China, China: 0.08 %
Eiffel Tower, Paris, France: 0.05%
Potala Palace, Tibet: 0.05%
Tower of Pisa, Italy: 0.04%
Colosseum, Rome, Italy: 0.04 %

The above list says that 99.28% of all the votes cast this week went to Taj and also 98.33% of total voters were Indians. This drastic change of numbers happened after the info started circulating in the corporate networks of Indian software firms. I recieved more than a dozen forwards this week and two of them were the mail I personally composed and forwarded, looped back to me with a tag of a dozen of names in the sender's list. Taj now stands at Position 5!

Top 7 (total)

Wall of China, China: 11.28 %
Potala Palace, Lhasa, Tibet: 8.73 %
Colosseum, Rome, Italy: 7.17 %
Pyramids of Chichen Itza, Yucatan, Mexico: 6.48 %
Taj Mahal, India: 6.22 %
Statues of Easter Island, Chile: 6.18 %
Tower of Pisa, Italy: 6.12 %

Do cast your vote here, now!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home